HGV Mechanic - 1 Year Experience Required - Stoke - On - Trent - Permanent Role
Salary: £18.50 per hour depending on experience
£25.50ph Sunday (If Overtime is available)
Newly Qualified Mechanics are accepted for this role starting from £15ph.
Silver Arrow require a HGV Mechanic to join our automotive client based in Stoke-On-Trent, this is a full time permanent role, ideally you will have your City & Guilds and workshop experience.
- Monday to Friday
- Week 1 06:00-14:00
- Week 2 14:30-22:30
- Plus, alternative Saturdays 06:00-13:00
- 5 weeks paid holidays per year, plus bank holidays
- Buy 1 week's holiday
- Full sick pay, 8-12 weeks
- Fantastic company pension
- Company car scheme; a new VW group car every 6 months
- Interpret instructions from the job card/repair order and comply with repair instructions
- Attend training and keep abreast of the latest technical information
- Accurately report and record work done and tests carried out, including immediately reporting any further work required or vehicle faults
- Maintain allocated work areas in a clean and tidy condition
- Provide information, maintain records and carry out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Enhance the image and reputation of the company whilst supporting its commercial interests
- Comply with good health and safety practice, all statutory requirements, company policies and standard procedures
What we need from you:
- Must have City and Guilds Level 3 qualifaction in HGV Mechanics and experience in a related sector, (trucks, agricultural for example).
- You will have work experience within a workshop/dealership
- Our ideal candidate will enjoy a variety of work and the challenges specially designed equipment provides.
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- You will need to have a positive 'can do' attitude and great communication skills
- Full Clean Driving Licence
At Silver Arrow, our priority is you. We strongly believe in getting to know you and understanding your needs in the hope of building a great working relationship.
Call our recruitment team today on 01925 815048