HGV Mechanic - Plymouth - Permanent Role
Salary: £17.50ph + Negotiable Dependant on Experience
Saturday & any overtime is paid at time and a half of your hourly rate
Shift: Monday to Friday, Week 1: 06:00-14:20 Week 2: 09:30 -18:00 (On week 2 will be working Saturday, 08:00-12:00)
Silver Arrow are currently recruiting for an HGV Mechanic to work for our client based in Plymouth on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leading company, with excellent working conditions and benefits.
- Interpret instructions from the job card/repair order and comply with repair instructions
- Attend training and keep abreast of the latest technical information
- Accurately report and record work done and tests carried out, including immediately reporting any further work required or vehicle faults
- Maintain allocated work areas in a clean and tidy condition
- Provide information, maintain records and carry out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Enhance the image and reputation of the company whilst supporting its commercial interests
- Comply with good health and safety practice, all statutory requirements, company policies and standard procedures
- 5 weeks paid holidays per year, plus bank holidays
- Buy 1 week's holiday
- Full sick pay, 8-12 weeks
- Fantastic company pension
- Company car scheme; a new VW group car every 6 months
What we need from you:
- Must have City and Guilds Level 3 qualifaction in HGV Mechanics and experience in a related sector, (trucks, agricultural for example).
- You will have work experience within a workshop/dealership
- Our ideal candidate will enjoy a variety of work and the challenges specially designed equipment provides.
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- You will need to have a positive 'can do' attitude and great communication skills
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Will consider someone new out of an apprenticeship.
At Silver Arrow, our priority is you. We strongly believe in getting to know you and understanding your needs in the hope of building a great working relationship.
Call our recruitment team today on 01925 815048